Sunday 10 December 2017

5 Things To Do When You Feel Unwell | Blogmas Day 10



The worst thing to happen at this time of year is to fall ill even if it's just with a cold well especially with a cold as they make you feel rotten and can last for days. It is  the busiest time of year, with work do's, University deadlines and then the business of Christmas and you just don't have the time to spend in bed. But when you are going to be ill you are ill and whilst your head maybe thinking you don't have time to be ill and is therefore trying to soldier on, your body is telling you to take a break and recuperate. And to be honest the quicker you do just that the quicker you will be back on your feet. I also find being ill quite boring to be honest as a teenager I would always want to go to school rather than stay at home all day. Strange right!  I'd always regret afterwards though when I would spend the next few days lying on the sofa feeling worse for wear.  I thought I would share with you 5 things I like do when feeling ill.

1. Watch your favourite film

   When I am feeling ill I like to watch one of my favourite films and unusally  I happen to have a specific film I watch when I'm feeling ill it is Notting Hill, I first watched the film after my Dad came to collect me from college because I felt really unwell and since then I seem to only watch the film when I'm feeling ill.  Although around Christmas I enjoy watching Hallmark Christmas films, what's great about them is that you can predict the ending, the boy is going to end up with the girl it's just a matter of how and because of this it makes those films easy to watch. 


2. Have a hot drink 

Hot drinks are your best friend when feeling ill, not only does it warm you up it also keeps you hydrated helping to aid your recovery.                     

3. Allow yourself to sleep throughout the day 
Sleep is another thing that helps aid recovery and you also don't feel as ill whilst sleeping so don't fight it when you feel yourself drifting off to sleep even if it's during you favourite film, no doubt you have seen it at least a thousand times. 

4. Wear comfortable clothing i.e pyjamas 
When you are unwell you don't want to be lounging around the house in jeans, you want to be in a pair of your favourite pyjamas with a blanket wrapped around you. 

5. Don't stress 

You have so much to do and think about and your body has gone and betrayed you by getting ill. What are you going to do now? Don't worry about it, just focus on getting better for the time being everything will work itself out in the end and you stressing about it isn't going to help you get better. 



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to leave a comment, whether it is to ask a question, offer some advice or just to say hi, I assure you I will get back to you.

© Life Looking Out... | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig