Sunday 22 April 2018

Crafting and Utilising an Effective CV | Workshop




On Thursday afternoon Laura Bird the Careers adviser came in to do a workshop on crafting and utilising an effective cv. This was a workshop that was rescheduled due to the snow last month. There was already quite a few things I knew about Cv's as I have been working on mine over the past few months. However, the session was still incredibly informative. Especially when it came to writing a personal profile which is something I definitely say I struggle with by giving us three things to think about. 
1. What is my current situation? 
2. What makes me stand out for this job? 
3. What is it I am using my cv for? 

She also mentioned that we don't have to feel constrained to the chronological aspect of the cv and that we can mould it to fit the job title. This is something I hadn't heard before but have found extremely useful. 

Laura's workshop also helped me to understand how I demonstrate my projects and expand on them to justify the skills I have mentioned. 


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to leave a comment, whether it is to ask a question, offer some advice or just to say hi, I assure you I will get back to you.

© Life Looking Out... | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig