Saturday 24 March 2018

Alumni Portfolio Review | No. 2


This afternoon we had another Alumni Portfolio review day, I have been eagerly awaiting this day for a while as the feedback given is always incredible. I chose to see Laura Patrick again as I wanted to show her some of my new work and ask a few questions about the professional practice module.

I also saw alumni Josh Wilde as he is mainly studio and I thought he would be able to give me a few tips if needed. He said he really liked the lens images as (above) and that the lighting used for the darker image (below) would look great through a lens. I expressed how I had thought the same thing and had even tried the idea out, however, because of the dark lighting the lens would not focus. 

Josh suggested I merge the images together and advised playing around with a slower shutter speed so that you could see more movement.

 When asked about? 
 Websites Josh said he uses a Wix paid site. 
 Putting together a portfolio - he recommended Sim imaging. 
 Printing final large prints - Josh recommended the digital press at the university.  





Laura loves the lens images and said they would look great in a flip book or as a gif. I told her how I was struggling to find a title and she said a thesaurus is my best friend so I'm going to spend some time playing around with words. 

When asked about?
           Websites - she recommended WordPress as a host and said a website with a black background would look good. 
Putting together a portfolio and final prints - she recommended Charlie Meecham 
We selected my final three images together and I couldn't be happier with them. And spoke combining the dark images with the lens images. 

Overall the day was a great success, I've selected my final three images, been advised on websites and am now one step closer to finding a title. 



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to leave a comment, whether it is to ask a question, offer some advice or just to say hi, I assure you I will get back to you.

© Life Looking Out... | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig