Saturday 27 May 2017

The Last Piece of my Heart by Paige Toon Book Review


 
Author: Paige Toon
Publisher: Simon and Schuster UK
Published: 18th May 2017
Pages: 400
Genre: Chick Lit, Romance 
Source: Bought

When life feels like a puzzle, sometimes it's the small pieces
that make up the bigger picture...

A successful travel journalist, Bridget has ambitions to turn her quirky relationship blog about the missing pieces of her heart into a book. But after a spate of rejections from publishers, she accepts an alternative proposition...

Nicole Dupré died leaving behind a bestselling novel and an incomplete sequel. Tasked with finishing the book, Bridget is thankful to have her foot in the publishing door, even if it means relocating to Cornwall for the summer and answering to Nicole's grieving husband, Charlie. But as she gets to know the family Nicole left behind, and the woman behind the words, Bridget’s priorities begin to change...



It's finally out!! I've been desperate for this book to have come out since I pre ordered it back in January I think, and it's finally out ahh! Of course I've already finished and am now sat eagerly anticipating her next book, yes I am fully aware though considering this book only came out on 18th May this year, I do have quite a bit of a wait.

It's funny because although I was extremely excited about the book coming out, from the blurb on the back I was a hundred percent sure what I would think of it, (it's hard to describe but I'll try my best) with others of Paige's books, just from reading blurb I've known it would be a book I wouldn't be able to put down until I've finished it, however, with this one I just had a different feeling as if it may be one I wouldn't be able to fully get into to. It's safe to say I was wrong, and was completely hooked from start to finish. The book arrived at about 11am Tuesday morning and I must have sat and read about a quarter of it, before managing to tear myself away from it in order to run a few errands. I then returned home and convinced myself I could read a few more pages whilst I was having my lunch before I got on with some work. It was such a bad idea, I couldn't put it down and ended up reading another quarter of it before taking it upstairs and leaving it in my room. I did not read anymore until I got home from work at around half 10 before finishing the book at 1am the following morning. After thinking I wouldn't be able to get into it, I ended up reading the entire book in a day!

When Bridget is asked to finishing Nicole Dupre's after she died, she doesn't think she can fill her shoes and relocating to Cornwall at the request of Nicole's widower Charlie is not something she finds comfortable. However Bridget soon begins to find her place as well as a part of herself she didn't know was there. I'm going to be honest and say Bridget was never a character I was overly interested in, but after reading her story I absolutely love her! As a travel writer she has a job that would make anyone envious (who wouldn't want to travel and get paid for it!) however to have that job she does have to make a few sacrifices and I love how Paige captures reality in that way, you can't always have everything in life sometimes sacrifices have to be made. I also love how Paige portrays Bridget to be a character who no matter what the situation always stays true to herself an her beliefs.

A remarkable book about grief, love, loss, discovery and adventure 'The Last Piece of My Heart' will leave you hooked from the very first page.

At the end of the book there is playlist, I couldn't find the whole playlist on Spotify, so I decided to create one for you all. Happy listening!



Rating: 5 stars

Follow Paige here on twitter
Check out her website http://www.paigetoon.com/ for other upcoming releases, to check out her books and to become a part of the hidden page where every once in a while a mini story of some of her past characters uploaded allowing you to re visit there lives and see what they are up to.





Share:

2 comments

  1. Ooh this book sounds really interesting - just popped it on to my 'to read list'. Thanks! :)
    - www.roisinslatest.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely read! Let me know what you think :)

      Delete

Please don't hesitate to leave a comment, whether it is to ask a question, offer some advice or just to say hi, I assure you I will get back to you.

© Life Looking Out... | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig